What to Expect
A warm welcome will greet you as you walk in the door with people eager to find out more about you and answer any questions you may have about Grace Lutheran Church.
What's a service like?
- We have a 'blended' style of worship. What this means is that our worship draws from the historical style of worship used by the Church for the last 2000 years as well as incorporating more recent developements in worship style.
What's the music like?
- The richness of hymns used throughout the history of the church fill most of the worship service, punctuated by more contemporary styles that are consistent with Biblcal teaching.
How people dress?
- Most of the congregation dresses very casually. Yet, styles range from the traditional coat and tie all the way to shorts and t-shirts. The best advice... dress in a way that you feel glorifies God!
What about my kids?
- The Bible tells us to 'train our children". We believe children best learn to worship by being in worship. Thus, children stay in the worship center the entire time. However, there is a short time when the children are invited forward for a message tailored to them.
Can I take communion?
- At Grace Lutheran we believe God instituted the Lord's Supper to distribute the very body and blood of Jesus for the forgiveness of all repentant believers.
- The Scriptures are also clear that taking communion in an 'unworthy' manner is harmful to body and soul. Because we would not want any harm to come to you, we ask that if you do not hold to the teaching of the Real Presence, are unlcear about what the Lutheran Church teaches or will be attending for the first time, please speak with an Elder or the Pastor prior to partaking.